Island on the Van Lake in historical Vaspurakan province of Armenia (now in Turkey). In 915-921, the sumptuous Church of Holy Cross and the royal palace were built here by the architect Manuel under the auspices of King Gagik Ardzrouni. In 1113, The Church of Holy Cross became the residence of the Catholicos of Akhtamar.
Akhtamar island is now in the turkish territory
Different pictures ] - [
Ani city ]