Hayastan.republika.pl

Tsitsernakaberd





Memorial to the Victims of the Genocide of 1915

Memorial to the Victims of the Genocide of 1915  Tsitsernakaberd, castle of swallows, is situated on the right side of Hrazdan river. According to mythology, here was the temple of the love goddess, Astghik. On the second floor of the temple there lived swallows that sent news to Astghik s lover, god Vahagn.

  Here in Tsitsernakaberd also stands the monument everlasting the memory of the innocent victims of the great Armenian genocide. It was built from 1965 to 1967 according to the design of the architectures A.Tarkhanian and S.Kalashian. This complex symbolises the 12 states of West Armenia and is bowed to the everlasting fire. A little far, there stands a tower remembering a new bloomed plant and symbolises reborn Armenia. Every year, on april 24, the Armenian genocide victims day, thousands of Armenians and foreign guests visit Tsitsernakaberd to express their respect and condolence.



Memorial to the Victims of the Genocide of 1915

Map of Armenia

Armenian genocide of 1915

Armenian cross-stone

Armenian money - DRAM

Ararat (Masis)

Lake Sevan

Armenian gallery

Game - Backgammon (NARDI)



Tsitsernakaberd

Memorial to the Victims of the Genocide of 1915

Armenian Genocide Memorial and Museum Virtual Tour




Sponsored Links




WebMaster: Samvel Shahumyan



Copyright © 2001 Hayastan.republika.pl